Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review of Three Views on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament ed. Bock, Enns, Kaiser

I would like to direct your attention, to what I view as a both fair assessment and scathing critique of Kaiser's position in Three Views. Steve Moyise has articulated a very insightful review, available in the Review of Biblical Literature May 2009 Edition (see the RBL blog). I believe that Moyise has captured the subtle nuances and significance offered in this volume by both Bock and Enns, while rightly identifying the naivete offered by Kaiser's outmoded hermeneutical suggestions.

2 comments:

Daniel Owens said...

Rob,

I just discovered your blog and think your story is great. I have had a couple of classes with you before but I am not sure we ever talked. I am not sure if you are still in the DFW area but if you I would really like to have you come speak at my ministry. For the last seven years I have run a residential 'discipleship home' in Cedar Hill for men with addictions and on parole. Your story really sounds great (I have a similar one). Also, I'm going to order your book, maybe I'll start using it.

Thank You,

S. Daniel Owens

Rob G. Reid said...

Daniel,
Thanks for sharing. I would love to assist you in any way that I can. I am not sure whether we have met either, although I think I was your grader in NT105 (so I understand if you hate me and don't want me to minister with you :). What you describe sounds exceptional, I would love to talk with you more. Please feel free to look me up on stalker-net and email me directly.