Friday, March 13, 2009

Sermon about Overcoming Heroin Addiction: My Life Story

I had the opportunity to share my life story at my church last week, Pastor Ron Holton and myself c0-taught a message. The first 13 minutes or so are Ron setting the message up and walking through the narrative in John 4 about Jesus encountering the Samaritan woman. Then I give my life story in about 12 minutes and conclude the message with some applicational points. The gist of the message addresses maladaptive behaviors, our metaphor being "the cycle," those that lead to addictions of all kinds, and it also offered a foretaste of a class I will be teaching on addiction at Rockpointe Church for the next three weeks.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE SERMON.

2 comments:

Rod said...

Great message, Rob. I really enjoyed it.

Drug Treatment Center said...

Hi,
I am also in addiction research and writing. Nice that you have recovered from the disastrous addiction disorder to heroin and going on well now. Involving the mind into spirituality is one best way to keep the mind and body fit.
Thanks for sharing nice information.